Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Petulka

I liked Petra. She is a funny and kind girl. She was always thinking about the Czech equivalent to the get rich quick scheme. Her schemes usually revolved around dodging as much work as humanly possible. If it works for her, why talk about changing it. I actually saw her once after moving to Czech. A common observation amongst ex-pats; is that after you rent a flat in town once they move to Czech that all of the people they knew before disappear. I have observed this as well, Petra did not do this exactly. I was invited to Brno and met all of her friends. We stayed in touch for a while via email and occasional calls. Then her latest idea struck and she moved to the U.K. Some factory sales job where she was going to be a manager. A supervisory position was right up her alley and she jumped on it. This time I hope that she learned that if it is too good to be true, it probably is. I hope that I see her again before I leave Czech. Just in case, I do not here are my favorite memories of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment