Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Olomouc

Olomouc, I am not sure what to say about it. It is a town of about two hundred twenty thousand people, in some ways it feels like fifty thousand. It is in the central northern part of Moravia. In the main square, is a great UNESCO obelisk, whose name escapes me? I think the bronze turtles in the main square were more impressive. My first time there, it was so much fun to have a person knew to check under the turtle’s tail to see if it was a boy or a girl turtle. You do not want to embarrass a nice lady turtle by calling her a man, just because she is having a “bad shell” day.

There are always surprises here for me. I have lived in Prague for a while now and in some ways it seems ho-hum. In my heart, I am a small town boy. After a few months there it would probably be routine as well. Sometimes having things in the window are better than having them in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment