Tuesday, May 4, 2010

“I am sorry. I wanted to call, but...”

Boys and girls in Czech are similar to America in the most general terms. They both want to get into each other’s pants constantly, but in Czech the rules are different. Some things are certainly the same. Fundamental differences are where this story lies. “Letting them down easy” is impossible. The same lack of communication, that allowed one person to develop feelings from the same interactions that a person found feeling-free means that the person with the feelings will not be able to read between the lines.

So if there is not really a relationship involved, then why is it so hard to stop them sometimes? I have felt the sharp side of an axe a few times from women. Probably I even have swung it a few times myself. Some women are so bad at it, that it is almost more fun to be spiteful. Their discomfort is almost worth swallowing some pride. It is possible that she was telling me the truth that her friend had taken her cell phone. Ok, I was born at night, just not last night. She was clearly ignoring as best she could. Probably was a bit embarrassed or taken a back by me calling her bluff and showing up. What kind of pride do you leave a guy with when you say that though? What was she thinking? When you ask yourself this, it probably means that they are not thinking at all.

Men are from Mars and women are from some planet much farther away. Gears change awfully fast in my opinion in most women’s heads. I do understand that lying to yourself is easy and generally hurts more than why you were lying to yourself in the first place. From one day to the next to have the “pedal to the metal” when driving a relationship to “full-stop” happens too often in Czech.

A good example, you can not get kicked out of a historical site for lewd acts one day and the next say that “you do not want to see them anymore.” As open as Czechs are about public nudity and affection, it is important to remember that the authorities at one of the most feared prisons in European history do not appreciate these things with the same ardor as the rest of the population.

It is also too common, for them to walk away from a relationship. Or at least seemingly walk away. Then after not seeing or hearing from them for weeks and or months, they show up on the doorstep or on the phone and expect to be able to pick up from the exact position where they last interacted. This thought pattern is not logical. Probably on the women’s planet the sky is green and the grass is blue.

In defense of being “used for sex”, maybe it should not seem so strange to have sex in someone’s bedroom. In and of itself this is no big deal. Sex by location certainly can be a big turn on. Who am I to say no, but in their mom’s house in a bed with pink sheets and cartoon characters or pictures of them when they were six feels funny. From experience alone, you can put all of that out of your mind. Sex in mom’s house or bedroom can be exciting. Coital interruption to be asked to take out the trash does have some kink to it.

When it all gets down to it, relationships here remind me of ”Self Esteem” by the Offspring. “…It is so hard to say no, when she is ready to go…” I am a guy and sometimes it does not matter how angry I am at the way I am treated or how juvenile the setting. Usually, these feelings are easily suspended for an hour or two. Who am I kidding, a commercial break, if I have to pee first and take off my socks. Being lied to is tough. A tip if you are dumping someone, at least say nothing or make it believable. There are some advantages to being used for sex. Having been through so many different takes on the subject, I can see why it can be a preferred relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment